I can’t believe the day is almost here where I call myself a 30-year-old! Feels like just yesterday I was still attending high school. I’ve experienced a lot in my 30 years of existence and thought I would share 30 Things I’ve Learnt Before Turning 30.
I’ve dealt with lots of emotions, especially these last few years. This will also be the first birthday without celebrating with my mom and it’s brought back so many emotions. I still haven’t fully come to terms that my mom is no longer with us…
30 Things I’ve Learnt Before Turning 30
- Family First!
- Making friends is harder the older you get.
- Do what you love.
- Appreciate the little things.
- Block out negativity.
- It’s okay to say NO.
- Life isn’t fair.
- Ignore the noise.
- Not everyone will get you.
- Create a supportive community.
- It’s okay to cry.
- Me time is essential.
- Take care of your skin.
- Don’t sleep with makeup on.
- Diversity is not a bad thing.
- Be kind.
- Always check the expiry dates on foods…
- Pets are the best therapists.
- Stay true to yourself.
- It’s okay to be different.
- I enjoy baking.
- Accept your body.
- It’s okay to be introverted.
- Appreciate the people in your life.
- It’s okay to have a glass of wine every day.
- Most exciting days are doing grocery shopping.
- Eating healthy is not as easy.
- Being an adult is expensive.
- Cuddles in bed is the best!
What are a few of the most memorable things that stand out, that you have realised the older you get? Let me know in the comments below, I am rather curious to read what your thoughts are.
With all these being said, I am eternally grateful for those I have around me, yes life dealt me a bad hand. I have some amazing people around me especially my husband which has been my rock through everything.0