Like so many, the lockdown has given us the opportunity to bake more often. One of these popular recipes has been the chocolate chip cookie. With thousands of recipes online. There’s no denying that the biscuit recipe is versatile and can be tweaked as you see for once you have the basics, you can add a variety of toppings it doesn’t have to be chocolate chips. I’m sharing my version of an Easy Chocolate Chip Cookies recipe. And if you are interested then keep on reading…
Chocolate chip cookies are one of my favourites! This recipe you can replace the chocolate chips with chocolate pieces, nuts, oats or keep them plain. The possibilities are endless
Easy Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 170 grams unsalted butter or salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 2 and quarter cups of all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt – if you are using salted butter use a half teaspoon
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3 quarter cups of light brown sugar
- 2 thirds of a cup of white sugar
- Chocolate chip cookies
- Make sure that you preheat your oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Line your baking pan with parchment paper to prevent the cookies from sticking.
3. Beat the butter with both sugars on medium-high speed until it’s combined and looks light and fluffy. This could take about 4 minutes if not sooner depending on your mixer. Add in the vanilla essence and one egg at a time whilst still beating it with your mixer.
- Mix all your flour, salt and baking soda together and add this to the mixture. You can do a quick mix with the mixer or hand mix them together until everything is combined. Make sure you add you chocolate chips while mixing.
- Scoop up some. cookie dough and make them into a round ball. The dough might be sticky I find that wetting your hands a bit makes it easier. Place your balled dough on the baking tray depending on how much dough you use to make sure you leave a bit of space between them as they will flatten whilst baking and bake into each other.
- Depending on how chewy or crunchy you want your cookies. 12 – 15 minutes should be ideal. You do not want to go over that as they will become quite tough. Boom! You have easy chocolate chip homemade cookies.