A while back a few South African Beauty Bloggers received some new product releases from Elizabeth Arden. One of these products is the Elizabeth Arden Standing Ovation Mascara which I will be talking about today. Elizabeth Arden has always been one of my favourite beauty brands. Elizabeth Arden products exude class and sophistication and always the highest quality.
About the Elizabeth Arden Standing Ovation Mascara;
The innovative, supersized brush and smooth, fibre infused formula work together to amplify, build and curl lashes for a fanned out, false lash effect. The smooth formula softens and nourishes lashes, is smudge-free and flake-free and clinically proven to increase lash volume by 128%.
Carnauba Fibers: Attach to lashes to create extra volume and length.
Marula Nut Oil: Leaves lashes lustrous, hydrated and soft.
Panthenol & Antioxidants: Help nourish and protect lashes.
The packaging is really nice, the matte packaging makes it so much easier to grip on the mascara wand. I will be mentioning some pro’s and con’s to this mascara because sadly there are cons to this mascara which makes me sad.
- It’s super nourishing, the Marula Nut Oil makes a huge difference in the way this mascara feels and applies to your lashes. It’s so smooth!
- It lengthens lashes really nicely.
- No clumping at all.
- No flaking whatsoever.
- Doesn’t smudge.
- Lasts really long.
- Easy to remove with some makeup remover.
- You have to apply more twice to get any kind of results, which is not the case for any other mascara I tried from Elizabeth Arden.
- It sadly didn’t leave my lashes with that full, false lash effect look I wanted and Elizabeth Arden claimed.
The cons are not the end of the world for me, there are many days I prefer a more natural makeup look especially for work. I am a bit disappointed that it didn’t give the voluminous look that I wanted. There are so many pros to this mascara, is it worth R370?
I am honestly still not sure. It does give such beautiful length to my lashes. Is it the best mascara I have ever used? Sadly no, Elizabeth Arden does have much better options I’ve used.
Have you guys tried this mascara before? What were your thoughts? Let me know in the comment section below.0