Did you know that September is National Oral Health Month? The Sunstar GUM #HealthySmiles123 campaign focuses on the 3 most important steps for good oral health and a beautiful, healthy smile – brush, floss and rinse.
Today I will be sharing these 3 Steps To a healthy smile all material was supplied by Sunstar GUM to share their professional opinion, as they are the experts in the field. I am one of those people that just don’t know what the right way is to brush my teeth and shamefully I miss steps too.
3 Steps to a Healthy Smile with Sunstar GUM
1. Brush: Brush correctly twice a day for two minutes each time.
- Sunstar GUM ActiVital Sonic Toothbrush (R245) – sleek, stylish and comfortable to use, the Sunstar GUM ActiVital Sonic Toothbrush provides extra power for a healthy mouth and super clean teeth and gums. The ultra-tapered bristles are scientifically proven to remove up to 50% more plaque from between the teeth than a manual brush and reach deeper below the gumline.
- GUM Original White toothpaste (R58) – helps remove stains and prevent their reappearance without damaging enamel. It contains fluoride to reinforce tooth enamel, as well as vitamins for healthier gums. It contains low-abrasive micro-silica to gently remove surface stains and a unique StainClear agent to help dissolve stains in hard-to-reach areas.
2. Clean In-Between: Floss or clean in-between every day with whatever interdental tool suits you best.
- GUM Original White floss (R56) – contains fluoride and special micronized high cleaning silica in the outer wax that makes it about four times more effective than regular floss at removing stains between the teeth and below the gum line.
- GUM Soft-Picks Advanced (R89) – the latest disposable dental picks with soft rubber bristles that remove plaque and debris whilst gently massaging and stimulating the gums. Ideal for adults and children.
3. Rinse: for an extra-clean mouth rinse with an alcohol-free mouthwash.
- GUM Original White mouth rinse (R94) – alcohol-free Sunstar GUM Original White Rinse contains StainClear to help remove stains from in-between the teeth and the tiny crevices in tooth enamel. Made with a patented combination of fluoride, Isomalt
andvitamins, Original White Rinse delivers advanced mineralisationfor stronger and shinier teeth, helping prevent further staining while strengthening gums and teeth.
Most dental professionals recommend a three-step daily oral care routine incorporating brushing, cleaning in-between and rinsing. What’s the correct order and does it even matter? Cast your vote in the Sunstar GUM #HealthySmiles123 Poll on www.ivohealth.co.za/GUMHealthySmiles123 and you could win a Sunstar GUM oral care kit worth over R800.
Sunstar GUM is recommended by dental professionals around the world and available from selected Clicks, Dis-Chem, pharmacies, Checkers, Pick n Pay, SPAR or ask your dentist.