My dry skin tends to be at it’s worst during the Winter season. Lamelle recently launched a new range and one of the items they sent to me was the Lamelle Serra Lipid Recovery Mask.
The Serra range of products significantly improves dryness, sensitivity and atopic dermatitis.
The ingredients mimic the structure and function of the lipid bilayer in the epidermis. While also calming and soothing inflammation and inhibiting inflammatory responses. Ingredients used in this range have been tested and found safe and effective for both adults and children.
What you need to know:
- No fragrances, colourants, preservatives or parabens.
- Serra might tingle when applied initially – but don’t stop using the product. It’s fixing your pH which has become more alkaline because of extended periods of dryness – push through – it will settle down.
SERRA HYDRATION MASK (70 ML TUBE – CREAMY MASK) | Serra Hydration mask combines lipid bilayer replacement ingredients with essential fatty oils, as well as ingredients focused on treating and repairing dry skin with long-term hydration effects. This creamy mask contains ingredients that are focussed on hydration and moisturising. It can be used as an active treatment for extremely dry, damaged and reactive skin. But it’s also an excellent add-on to boost skin that’s just slightly drier than normal. The added advantage of using this mask is that one of the ingredients will permanently bind to dry skin and in so doing, attract water to hydrate the skin for longer periods of time. Purslane is a plant-based extract that is known for its excellent calming features has also been added to this mask.
- Essential Fatty Acids
- Purslane extract and Shea Butter
Instructions for use:
- After cleansing skin apply a generous quantity of the creamy mask to the affected area and leave on for 15 minutes.
- Wipe off any unabsorbed excess from your skin using a moist cloth or sponge.
- Finish by applying your Serra moisturiser.
- Use two to three times per week as a mask.
- If your skin is very dry you can go to sleep without removing the mask and in such cases. It can be used every evening.
Other products in the Serra range are the Serra Restore Cream, Serra Soothing Cream and the Serra Cleansing Gel.
After a good few weeks of using Lamelle Serra Lipid Recovery Mask, my skin hasn’t felt this hydrated in ages. My face feels bouncy and soft and no drier patches. The scent reminds me so much of Cetaphil products and just like Cetaphil, these are perfect for eczema prone skin or anyone who suffers from sensitive skin.
I would highly recommend you visit the Lamelle visit here for a stockist near you and also to view the entire Serra range.1